A GOOEY FUDGY TREAT FROM LYONS COFFEE BAGS
These scrumptious coffee fudge cookies are the perfect snack for any coffee lover. A tasty blend of rich coffee and creamy fudge, these simple cookies are quick and easy to make. Elevenses have never been so yummy!
Containing 100% fresh ground coffee, Lyons Coffee Bags are a convenient way to infuse delicious, fresh coffee to baking.
Makes about 16 cookies
Approx. 20 minutes prep
Approx. 15 minutes cooking
2 No. 3 Rich and Full-Bodied Lyons Coffee Bags
75ml freshly boiled water
100g butter, softened
3 tbsp golden syrup
75g demerara sugar
40g dark brown or muscovado sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
175g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
75g fudge chunks
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan/180ºC/Gas 4. Cut two pieces of baking parchment paper to fit two baking trays.
- Pour the boiling water into a measuring jug then add the Lyons Coffee Bags and stir. Remove the bags after three – four minutes and leave to cool.
- Beat the butter with the syrup and sugars in a food mixer (or in a large bowl with an electric hand whisk) for two – three minutes until pale and creamy.
- Add the beaten egg and one large spoonful of the flour and mix for another minute until well combined. Gently stir in the rest of the flour and baking powder with a metal spoon, then add the coffee and fudge chunks, and stir again.
- Place large dessert-spoonfuls onto the baking trays and ensure these well-spaced as they will spread during cooking. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Lift the tray from the oven and leave the cookies to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack with a palette knife. Delicious with a glass of cold milk or a cup of Lyons Coffee!
- For a crispier biscuit, omit the baking powder and bake for an extra minute!
- If you can’t get fudge chunks, simply chop up some fudge pieces into cubes about 4–5mm.